CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Wither by Lauren DeStefano

Summary (from Goodreads)
What if you knew exactly when you would die? 

Thanks to modern science, every human being has become a ticking genetic time bomb—males only live to age twenty-five, and females only live to age twenty. In this bleak landscape, young girls are kidnapped and forced into polygamous marriages to keep the population from dying out. 

When sixteen-year-old Rhine Ellery is taken by the Gatherers to become a bride, she enters a world of wealth and privilege. Despite her husband Linden's genuine love for her, and a tenuous trust among her sister wives, Rhine has one purpose: to escape—to find her twin brother and go home. 

But Rhine has more to contend with than losing her freedom. Linden's eccentric father is bent on finding an antidote to the genetic virus that is getting closer to taking his son, even if it means collecting corpses in order to test his experiments. With the help of Gabriel, a servant Rhine is growing dangerously attracted to, Rhine attempts to break free, in the limted time she has left. 


The world and characters that Lauren DeStefano has created in her debut novel is breathtakingly amazing.  She is the author that can really make you think. There were times in the story where I wondered who's side I was truly on. The characters were all amazing. Rhine was so strong and knew what she wanted and didn't stop until she found a way to make it happen. Lauren DeStefano was able to describe each character in a way that made you really connect with them. I can't wait for the next book in this trilogy. Today is the release day of Wither so everyone should go out and buy it now!The bookstore has this display for it which is beyond amazing and if I hadn't already had the book to read it would have made me want to read it even more.

My Rating: 



Please Comment and Tell me what you think about the book if you've read it! 
 


2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I just reviewed this recently :) I loved it! I agree with you about the sides issue. I expected to hate Linden but I actually want him to be happy. His father, on the other hand... *shudders*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED THIS BOOK! LOVED IT!!! I would have dragged that bookstore tree home with me. Not really. I sound tougher than I am. I thought Linden was weak and annoyed. I just wanted Rhine to punch him in the face...seriously.

    Amy // amyismyfriend at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete