CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

Summary (from Goodreads): Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. 

But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything— including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?



Review: First I have to say that I LOVED the cover! The lily's were a perfect representation of Calla especially since it was Ren's "nickname" for her. I've heard great things about this book and I was not disappointed. Nightshade was well written with an excellent set of characters and an amazing plot. Calla is the head of the Nightshade pack and Ren is the head of the Bane pack. There destiny has been decided for them since birth. They are supposed to mate and start a new pack. Calla who wants to do what is right has accepted this to an extent. However, things start to change after Calla saves Shay a human boy who was being attacked by a bear during a hike. She thought she would never see him again but it turns out he is the "new guy" at their school and someone that the Keepers what them to protect. As Calla and Shay spend time together they develop feelings for each other that could get them both in trouble. Nightshade is full of surprises and lots of twists and turns. The last few chapters had me sitting on pins and needles and biting my nails. 


The next book called Wolfsbane comes out July 26, 2011 and is at the top of my wishlist. I'm super excited about it! You can find out more about Andrea Cremer at her website


Comment and tell me what you think if you've read it. Don't forget comments get you extra entries in the contest


My Rating: 




4 comments:

  1. Great review! I haven't gotten the chance to read this book yet but I really do want to get around to it soon. I'm so sad that they switched the covers! The older one was so much more appealing. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I loved the first cover more! The new one is ok and I guess I shouldn't judge a book by its cover but its something that I tend to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EDIT: Okay, so I read the book a few weeks ago, and... TEAM REN. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA ok I can see that, I'm torn I think Wolsbane should help me decide.

    ReplyDelete