CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Firelight by Sophie Jordan

Summary (from Goodreads): A hidden truth. 
Mortal enemies.
Doomed love.
Marked as special at an early age, Jacinda knows her every move is watched. But she longs for freedom to make her own choices. When she breaks the most sacred tenet among her kind, she nearly pays with her life. Until a beautiful stranger saves her. A stranger who was sent to hunt those like her. For Jacinda is a draki—a descendant of dragons whose greatest defense is her secret ability to shift into human form.
Forced to flee into the mortal world with her family, Jacinda struggles to adapt to her new surroundings. The only bright light is Will. Gorgeous, elusive Will who stirs her inner draki to life. Although she is irresistibly drawn to him, Jacinda knows Will's dark secret: He and his family are hunters. She should avoid him at all costs. But her inner draki is slowly slipping away—if it dies she will be left as a human forever. She'll do anything to prevent that. Even if it means getting closer to her most dangerous enemy.
Mythical powers and breathtaking romance ignite in this story of a girl who defies all expectations and whose love crosses an ancient divide.

Review:  
So its about 11pm when I decided to start reading Firelight for a little while before I go to bed.... at 2am I'm sitting up in bed biting my nails reading the last couple of chapters freaking out about whats going to happen next. Once I finished it all I could say was WOW! This was an amazing start to a new series. Firelight was so good that I couldn't put it down and for that matter can't stop thinking about it and wondering whats going to happen int he next book. 

I really like the cover of the book. Jacinda and her draki are both incorporated which is also an underlying  theme to the story as Jacinda tries to get her mother to understand  that she and her draki are one and to separate them is unthinkable.  The characters were all great and I was able to connect with each of them in the way the Sophie Jordan describes them and helps you to understand each of their feelings. My favorite character other than Jacinda is Will, who i now have a serious crush on. Sophie hints that he is more than he seems and I'm excited to find out more about him and his past. Jacinda's mom is just like many moms...overprotective and only wants what is best for her family. Her sister Tamra was kind of annoying but I guess as siblings go thats what normally happens. 

The plot is great and there are never any lulls in the action. Sophie has a way of keeping you turning the pages as fast as you can to see what happens next. The chemistry between Will and Jacinda is so intense that you can't help but want to see their relationship work out. Overall this was an amazing book and i'm thinking September is too far away. Vanished the 2nd book in this series is expected to be released September 6th, so I already have it marked on my calender and its in my cart to pre-order very soon. There is also talk of a possible movie for Firelight which I think could be awesome. You can find out more at Sophie Jordans website

Don't forget to comment to be entered for a chance to possibly win a copy of this book or any other that i've reviewed so far. Check out the contest details here.

My Rating: 


4 comments:

  1. Yep, I reviewed this book as well. I loved it and have honestly been thinking about it since I finished it. You'll probably hate me for this but... I liked Cassian. As in, more than Will. *ducks as you attempt to throw something at me*

    Thanks for the gushing review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! I promise not to throw things I'm too shocked to pick up anything! I guess he could grow on me if given the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book is also in my TBR pile, but I actually own it. Now you made me want to read it more than ever...but I have all this work...ARGH!!! Great review though. How do you like the next cover?

    Amy // amyismyfriend at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. -Thanks for the review! You've made me want to read the book even more! :]
    The cover is beautiful, and so is it's sequel! I know your not supposed to judge a book by it's cover but it's hard not to!
    Can't wait to check out this book!

    ittssierraily(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete