CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

Summary (from Goodreads): It's always been just Kate and her mom—and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear her mother won't live past the fall.


Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld—and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.

Kate is sure he's crazy—until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she'll become Henry's future bride, and a goddess.
My Review: 

WOW...My love for mythology started in the 7th grade when my English class spent nearly a whole semester learning nothing but Greek Mythology. So needless to say I was really excited about reading The Goddess Test. I'm really happy to day that I wasn't disappointed at all.

The plot was AMAZING. The prologue grabs your attention right away and it doesn't let go.  From the beginning you have so many questions and you want to know what is happening what has happened and what will happen. Theres is never a dull moment and you keep reading until the book is done and even then you keep thinking about the story.  Aimee Carter is an awesome writer and I love the way she tells this story. I can't wait to learn more about this world she has created. Kate's character was my favorite she is so strong and the stuff she goes through at the beginning  I could never handle.   The characters are all really well developed and I liked all of them except of course for the "bad guy". I loved the way the characters and story were all intertwined and how it came together at the end. The ending was a huge surprise for me and I loved it!

The Goddess Test is the first in a trilogy. The second book called Goddess Interrupted will be out February 2012 and the 3rd book doesn't have a title yet but will be out in late 2012. I personally think this is too far away but I will attempt to be patient.  If you want to learn more about the books and author check out Aimee Carter's website.

Since its starting to get hot out where I live this is going to be my first Beach Read suggestion of the summer. While there are a few sad parts there are alot  of fun moments as well. Don't forget to comment for extra entries in the contest for the book prize pack, which could contain this book, you can learn more here.

My Rating: 

2 comments:

  1. Ha, nice. I like your review too! I completely agree with everything you said :) I love mythology (especially Greek) and I'm glad that this one lived up to my expectations. It's nice to see someone else didn't totally see the ending coming... I feel like everyone else did and I can't believe I missed it! Oh well. It was fun when I did discover it at the end :) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this! Fantastic read for 2011. Glad you enjoyed it.
    Donna x

    ReplyDelete