CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

Summary (from Goodreads): "Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but atleast she got a guardian angel out of it: a mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But, despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever and even worse, he's started spending time with Nora's arch-enemy, Marcie Millar. 

Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Path hadn't been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feeling that he's hiding something. 

Haunted by images of her murdered father, and questioning whether her nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death, Nora puts herself increasingly in dangerous situations as she desperatly searches for answers. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts."


Crescendo is the second book in the Hush, Hush Saga. I really enjoyed Hush, Hush and was really excited to finally be able to read this. When I first started reading Crescendo it actually took me a little while to really get into it, for some reason I was having a hard time reconnecting with Nora. I did however come around and the book ended really good. I didn't expect the ending at all which is something I like when reading a book. Scott was a new character who originally seemed really sketchy and I suspected him for while but then he grew on me and I liked his character and I hope to learn more about him in future books.  Overall the story was good and very well written and I can't wait for the next book. 
The next book is called  Silence and the expected release date is October 4, 2011. The cover is supposed to be revealed sometime next month and I will post it here as soon as it is.


Don't forget to comment for extra entries in the contest. Check out contest info here. The contest is now open for US and Canadian residence. 


My Ratings: 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, so glad to hear that you liked it! I've read Hush, Hush but haven't gotten a chance to start Crescendo yet (any day now, library). I read the first chapter from the back of the first book and loved it though! Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete