CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 15, 2011

Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting

Summary (from Goodreads): The missing dead call to Violet. They want to be found.
Violet can sense the echoes of those who've been murdered—and the matching imprint that clings to their killers. Only those closest to her know what she is capable of, but when she discovers the body of a young boy she also draws the attention of the FBI, threatening her entire way of life.

As Violet works to keep her morbid ability a secret, she unwittingly becomes the object of a dangerous obsession. Normally she'd turn to her best friend, Jay, except now that they are officially a couple, the rules of their relationship seem to have changed. And with Jay spending more and more time with his new friend Mike, Violet is left with too much time on her hands as she wonders where things went wrong. But when she fills the void by digging into Mike's tragic family history, she stumbles upon a dark truth that could put everyone in danger.

My Review:


Desires of the Dead is the 2nd book in The Body Finders series, the fist being The Body Finder. Desires of the Dead is a paranormal mystery book. Violet character is awesome I love the way she speaks her mind and how brave she can be in situations that I know would freak me out. I was also excited about the new characters especially Rafe, whose name I think is awesome! I was really sad that we didn't get to learn more about him but the air of mystery that Kimberly Derting put around him I'm sure that he is someone we will see more of in the next books. The plot was great  mystery/suspense plus a hint of paranormal and a little romance.   The only thing I didn't like about the book was the time that Violet spent complaining about Jay's new friendship with Mike and her jealousy over it.

Don't forget to comment for extra entries into the contest.


My Rating: 



1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm glad the sequel lives up to the first book! I always worry after finishing the first that it won't (although I haven't even started this series yet). I must get on that! Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete