CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 22, 2011

Enclave by Ann Aguirre

Summary (from Goodreads): New York City has been decimated by war and plague, and most of civilization has migrated to underground enclaves, where life expectancy is no more than the early 20's. When Deuce turns 15, she takes on her role as a Huntress, and is paired with Fade, a teenage Hunter who lived Topside as a young boy. When she and Fade discover that the neighboring enclave has been decimated by the tunnel monsters—or Freaks—who seem to be growing more organized, the elders refuse to listen to warnings. And when Deuce and Fade are exiled from the enclave, the girl born in darkness must survive in daylight, in the ruins of a city whose population has dwindled to a few dangerous gangs. As the two are guided by Fade’s long-ago memories, they face dangers, and feelings, unlike any they’ve ever known.


My Review:


When I picked Enclave up from the store I didn't really know what it was about just that it was a YA dystopian novel. I had just heard about Enclave a few days before its release day and my first reaction was I like that cover I think I might read that. Then on release day  of Enclave a blogger that I follow said something along the lines of Enclave must have crack in the pages because I can't stop reading it. I went that same day to the store and got a copy. I started it and finished it that same night and omg I agree with the blogger who made that comment Enclave was amazing.  I have been reading alot of Dystopia novels lately and I thought I would be tired of them by now but I'm not I still can't get enough of them. Deuce is among my top 3 favorite Dystopia heroines so far. 


The plot of Enclave is amazing, its dark and twisty and adventures. This is the first book in the Razorland series and I can't wait to learn about this world. I like the way that the book ended giving us a little bit of hope. There are still alot of things that we have to learn about this world. Its very possible that I may take up stalking Ann Aguirre because I'm not sure if I can wait for the next book. I may also make it a point to become the president of her fan club and if it helps my campaign I have already made 3 friends read this book and they loved it too. 


The next book is called Outpost and the expected release date is Fall 2012. Ann Aguirre also has two sci-fi/fantasy series; the Sirantha Jax series which has 4 books and the Corine Solomon series which has 3 books so far. I actually purchased Blue Diablo the first in the Corine Solomon series which will be featured in the UF/PR weekends soon. She also writes under the name Ava Gray and fans of paranormal romance suspense should check it out. 


Don't forget to comment for extra entries in the contest for a chance to possibly win a copy of this. Check out the contest here.


My Rating: 

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I've heard great things about this book but this review just re-inforces it :D I will definitely look into this book! I've heard it compared to the Hunger Games but I'm starting to think that's the case with every dystopian, lol. Like you, I have a feeling I'll be reading dystopian for a while :) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my eye on ENCLAVE and loved your review! I am really into dystopian, and would love to read something grittier than WITHER! I will definitely check this out now!

    Amy // amyismyfriend at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read dystopian :( I have never heard of it but your review was great and the book sounds like it would be very interesting. You gave it 5 cupcakes so I guess I'll just have to read it now ;) Thanks for the review.
    Tanyaw1224(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg. you jumped from 19 to 250 followers? HOW did you do that?! haha That's amazing! I found you on New Books for New Bloggers, and came over to welcome you, but you seem just fine! Congrats on the amazing success of your blog! (one more here!)
    I'd love for you to stop by mine sometime!
    http://magnet4books.blogspot.com
    XO, Al

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely loved this book!!! You can read my review here: http://justbookinaround.blogspot.com/2011/04/book-review-enclave.html

    ReplyDelete