CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 18, 2011

Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton

Summary (from Goodreads): This debut, the first novel in a trilogy, is achingly romantic, terrifying, and filled with blistering action. 

When seventeen-year-old Ellie starts seeing reapers - monstrous creatures who devour humans and send their souls to Hell - she finds herself on the front lines of a supernatural war between archangels and the Fallen and faced with the possible destruction of her soul. 

A mysterious boy named Will reveals she is the reincarnation of an ancient warrior, the only one capable of wielding swords of angelfire to fight the reapers, and he is an immortal sworn to protect her in battle. Now that Ellie's powers have been awakened, a powerful reaper called Bastian has come forward to challenge her. He has employed a fierce assassin to eliminate her - an assassin who has already killed her once. 

While balancing her dwindling social life and reaper-hunting duties, she and Will discover Bastian is searching for a dormant creature believed to be a true soul reaper. Bastian plans to use this weapon to ignite the End of Days and to destroy Ellie's soul, ending her rebirth cycle forever. Now, she must face an army of Bastian's most frightening reapers, prevent the soul reaper from consuming her soul, and uncover the secrets of her past lives - including truths that may be too frightening to remember.


My Review:
So I work in a bookstore and normally I'm on top of any new YA books we get in the store. Even when I'm not there when we get a shipment of books my co-worker peeps will be like "Hey Elaina did you see this new YA book we got in?" I don't know how but Angelfire slipped into the store without me seeing it for about a week.  When I found it I had a complete fangirl meltdown because I had been hearing so many great things about this book and I couldn't wait to read it. 


The first thing that drew me to Angelfire was the cover which is amazing. The cover just screams look at me I'm a girl who can kick butt and take names; plus that sword looks crazy awesome. CAM jumps right into the story and once you start it you don't want to stop.  Ellie's character is so great, she could have easily been a spoiled and predictable character but i'm so glad that she wasn't. There are many issues with her father that i'm so glad CAM put in the book because its something that many families deal with and they don't know how to handle it. The issues weren't resolved in this book but i'm sure we will find out more in the next book. I think that Will is an amazing protector and I kinda want to steal him and lock him away in my basement. 


The plot of Angelfire is really strong there aren't any boring parts its just nonstop action. After reading this book and a few others I think that my favorite paranormal characters (i guess thats what I should call them) are reapers. I haven't exactly figured out why yet but I just do. Angelfire doesn't just center on reapers either but it also has the fallen angel aspect which seriously you can't go wrong with. Then the ending was so very intense and I was just in shock because seriously I wasn't expecting what happened. 


So if you haven't read Angelfire you should right now, not tomorrow or the next day but this very second. Below you can check out the trailer and if you want to learn more about Courtney Allison Moulton you can check out her website. The next book is going to be called Wings of the Wicked (love the title) and will be released sometime in 2012(so far away *sad face*). If you don't have your own copy yet then you should enter my contest and you can pick it as one of the books that you want if you win. The contest info is here.


My Rating:





2 comments:

  1. YAAAAY! :D You reviewed it! I'm so glad that you liked it so much. I was able to read the first 100 pages online on Saturday from the HarperTeen First Look program and I loved it. Will is... *sigh*

    I also am in the process of reading NIGHTSHADE right now :) I know when you reviewed it that I hadn't gotten a chance to but I'm like 3/4 done and it's so amazing. REN has my heart forever, LOL. Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I did enjoy this story, I kinda felt like something was missing though. I rated it 3 stars in the end but I am looking forward to the next few books :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete